Sunday 28 October 2018

Horror Movies - Yay or Nay?

Horror movies - it seems that people either love them or hate them.  I don't find it entertaining to be scared, yet both of my girls love horror movies. I can tolerate the ones that are more suspense than blood, guts and gore or 'slasher' movies.

When I was a kid, my mom wouldn't let me watch anything scary.  My bedroom was down in the basement, and she knew I would have nightmares and be wandering upstairs to be with the rest of the family. But when my cousins would babysit me, they would let me watch the Sir Graves Ghastly show which showed all the old, campy horror movies.  I still remember one about an astronaut who dies in some sort of crash but his hand lives. There was a scene of his hand crawling out of the water onto the beach that gave me nightmares for weeks!  Now, thanks to You Tube, I can relive this nightmare over again.



I have seen some scary movies that I enjoyed - Carrie, The Shining, Psycho come to mind.  But I've never seen any of the Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, or Friday the 13th movies.  And I probably never will. The Simpson's Tree House of Horror is more my speed.


What about you?   Are you enjoying a horror movie marathon this month?  Or are you just enjoying all the decorations, the candy and the costumes?  Whatever your preference, Happy Hallowe'en!






No comments:

Post a Comment