Saturday 2 June 2018

Bullet Journal - Day 2

For the past two days I've been working intermittently on my new bullet journal and I LOVE IT!  The list making and organization combined with the artsy decorations and colour engage my right brain and my left brain. For an non-artsy person like me, it's a non-threatening way to unleash my inner creativity.  No one else is going to see it (except yes they are because I'm sharing it online). So no one is going to see it unless I decide to share it.  It's not like a painting that's going to hang on a wall.  Plus it's art but it's functional.  Why am I just finding out about bullet journals now?  I've been missing out!

Yesterday I had to take my daughter to an appointment and instead of sitting and scrolling through mindless entertainment on my phone, I just worked away in my bullet journal while I waited for her.

Here's what I have so far

In the front of the journal:


An index page. The original bullet journal instructions suggest a checkmark when a task is complete but I prefer to highlight it. It stands out more and I can still read what the task was, instead of crossing it out.  Then I left some blank pages - just in case.



My June 'title page' and monthly goals. I envision adding lots of little bumblebees, flowers and other summer pictures to this page.


Month-at-a-glance and Monthly Habit Tracker


Weekly Planner - the first week of June only had two days, so it was a good practice week for me.  Both of the things on this page need to be reworked next week because this isn't working for me.  I wanted to start planning my menu out in advance so I would have the ingredients I need on hand. Now that we live out in the country, it's not so easy to run out and buy missing ingredients on a moment's notice. And two, there would be less chance of me not having any idea what to eat for dinner and resorting to cheese and/or hummus. But it didn't work for me and this was only two days. I think what I'll try next week is just having a list of possible meals so I can have ingredients for those, and then pick from the possibilities each day. I do like keeping a food diary each day - keeps me honest!

And I didn't leave enough room for tasks.  I need more room for each day next week.

At the back of the journal, I'm keeping my ongoing tracking sheets:



Running Log - I'm hoping that I had some treadmill runs that I didn't bother to log on to the Garmin site because this is a pretty sad running log, so far.  I'm going to be much more diligent about logging my runs. I'm also going to add my training plan for the half marathon next to this page.


House Projects - every time I think of something we need to do in the house, I add it to this page.  It's going to be great to check things off this list.  Next up, is a page for outdoor projects.

What other tracking pages do you use in your bullet journal?  I'm thinking of adding a bucket list, places to visit, and books to read pages.





No comments:

Post a Comment