Monday 2 January 2017

One Word Challenge

On Twitter I noticed a lot of people posting their one word for 2017 and wanted to learn more about this idea.  It is based on a book by motivational expert Jon Gordon called One Word That Will Change Your Life.    The premise of the book is that most people give up on their New Year's Resolutions by the end of January.  By focusing on just one word and remembering WHY you chose that word, you are more likely to stick to your resolution.  Here's a brief video of Jon Gordon explaining the idea behind One Word That Will Change Everything.





After some reflection, my one word for 2017 will be 'YES.'  I wrote about this on my blog a few days ago and this is one more way to commit to this approach to life.  Some people had chosen fearless but this didn't seem like a good fit for me.  There's still fear, but I want to move on in spite of the fear.



Below are some other ideas for #oneword2017 shared on Twitter.  What will your word be?

@maryhadley8


@saccoeric

@vroom6


@kasnelson




No comments:

Post a Comment